- To contribute to the opposition of the structural formation of violence, and all kind of discrimination and oppression, including gender, sexual identity and militarism with means that do not include any violence.
- To contribute to the wide scale distribution of these non-violent means, and to make it possible for these methods to become an alternative tool in all walks of life,
- To realize a non-authoritarian, non-exploitive society where human rights and social justice are normalized.
Nonviolent Education and Research Center is a non-profit, independent entity. The Center does research, generates reference resources and materials, and organizes seminars and workshops with the purpose of spreading a non–violent culture and implementation of human rights and justice
CENTER'S OPERATING GUIDELINES
The Center is a nonviolent action resource center based in Istanbul that undertakes research and provides information on the theory and practice of nonviolence and nonviolent action.
·The center does not engage with any political parties or organisations closely related to political parties (such as party youth organisations).
·The center does not accept funding from political parties. Furthermore, the center does not accept funding which would limit its independence.
·The center's resources, such as office space or meeting rooms, can be made available to civil society organisations within the limits of these operating guidelines upon written request.
· The Center provides support for seminars and workshops in nonviolent conflict attended by activists and citizens who are considering civilian-based, nonviolent action as a way to seek democracy, justice, or human rights. Such workshops impart conceptual knowledge and help develop skills in applying nonviolent strategies devised by such activists in response to requests.
OUR AREAS OF ACTIVITY
- Does translations of textual and visual material in the subject of non-violence and non–violent action discourse, as well as, generates new articles, e-bulletins, and general educational material and distributes and shares these.
- Organizes workshops and seminars with experts and academicians in the field
- Conducts research projects on the history of non–violent resistance
- Cooperates with non-governmental organizations with similar goals
- Based on demand, organizes workshops where concepts are discussed and skills are developed on strategies towards non-violent applications.
If you want to receive our newsletter follow the link above
Become a VOLUNTEER
If you want to take part on the non-violent effort to build a better world please contact us.
Event Photo Gallery